Everyone Is Welcome.
We believe that everyone in our community should have the opportunity to benefit from YMCA programs and services. We are a community-based nonprofit with the mission to help people reach their God-given potential in spirit, mind and body. Our Open Doors Program is central to our mission. When someone loses a job, when medical bills become overwhelming, or when other challenging situations occur, people need the support of the Y. This Open Doors program offers a fee scale to fit the financial situation of individuals in our community. We want all people to be involved with the programs and services of the Y that nurture spirit, mind and body—especially during difficult times when they are needed most.
HOW DO I GET ASSISTANCE?
1. Download the application above or visit the nearest YMCA branch to request one.
2. Provide completed application and the following required information. In order to process your application, you must attach copies of the following items to your completed application.
A copy of your most recent tax return (1040 or 1040EZ) for everyone living in the household, or verification of non-filing
- The last 2 paycheck stubs of everyone in the household who is working
- Proof of Social Security or Social Security Disability Income, if applicable
- Proof of any other sources of income, if applicable (e.g. Unemployment Compensation, Food Stamps, etc.)
3. Please allow up to 3 weeks days to process your application. After this period a YMCA representative will contact you with approval or to request further information.
Note: If required documentations is not complete, this will delay the process.
HOW LONG WILL ASSISTANCE CONTINUE?
Assistance is provided for a period of 6 to 12 months and will be reviewed for eligibility every year. If help is still needed when assistance is reviewed, you will be asked to re-apply. If your circumstances change before the time period is up, please let us know so we may serve others.
WHY DOES THE Y REQUEST FINANCIAL INFORMATION?
With information on income and family size, we can award assistance in a fair and consistent manner. We use these procedures to ensure that everyone receives equal consideration.
WHO WILL SEE THE INFORMATION I PROVIDE?
Personal financial information is handled in a confidential manner and will be seen and reviewed only by the YMCA’s professional staff. No information is shared with any other agency or organization.
WHO PROVIDES THE FUNDING FOR THE OPEN DOORS PROGRAM?
The Open Doors Program is possible through the generosity of donors to our Y CARES Campaign. All money raised through our Y CARES Campaign goes directly to provide assistance through our Open Doors Program. We want to be good stewards of the money awarded, and therefore strongly encourage you to use the membership/program(s).
WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?
Please contact the staff representative at the branch for which you are applying.
Kannapolis: Open Doors Coordinator, 704.939.9622 x716 or email@example.com
West Cabarrus: Allison Goode, 704.795.9622 x221 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Harrisburg: Kelly Mohre, 704.454.7800 x325 or email@example.com