Kannapolis / South Rowan YMCA
Cannon Memorial YMCA
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Aquatics Director will be responsible for the development, implementation and supervision of all aquatic programs, activities, facilities and staff. In addition, the Aquatics Director will coordinate rentals and renewal of lockers and serve as an in-house medical associate for all CPR, AED and first aid training, primary first aid care and storage and stocking of medical supplies. The Aquatics Director will implement character development as a chief mission of the YMCA and will personally exhibit a commitment to servant leadership in all YMCA operations.
YMCA of Rowan County
Under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Aquatics Director will be responsible for the hiring and development of aquatic staff, including but not limited to, certifications, in-service trainings, and scheduling.
- BS/BA degree
- Minimum of three years aquatic and/or recreation management experience
- Current YMCA lifeguard and other YMCA aquatic certifications
- Red Cross trainer
- Working knowledge of budgeting, group work and supervision
- Must be attentive to details, be able to work with and meet deadlines, take initiative to develop and provide information and controls necessary for efficient operations
- Must have excellent human relation, written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to take initiative in making decisions and solving problems and work independently with little supervision
- Organizational, time management & problem resolution abilities
- Display a personal commitment to program development and quality member service.
- Sight, Hearing and Speaking
- Standing, Walking, Swimming and Climbing
- Lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Pulling a minimum of 100 lbs.
- R.O.S.T.E.R. (recruit, orient, supervise, train, monitor, evaluate and reward) all aquatic staff & volunteers, to include; lifeguards, swim lesson instructors, safety trainers, water exercise instructors, Aquatic Service Coordinator and others as applicable.
- Develop, plan, organize, manage & supervise all aquatic facilities and programs.
- Develop all schedules & maintain communication of such with all appropriate staff
- Provide aquatic staff training, leadership and certification maintenance
- Maintain aquatic department quality standards and exceptional image
- Establish and maintain guidelines for staff in preparation of class/course lesson plans
- Maintain all participant, program, activities & pool chemicals and maintenance records
- Follow established procedures and execute sound judgment
- Enforce all facility policies and procedures
- Design special activities and events to promote member and community involvement
- Develop & execute emergency procedures, skills and safety drills
- Maintain all equipment in good condition within budget guidelines
- Order and maintain pool supplies and equipment in top-notch working order
- Maintain proper pool chemical levels & records
- Ensure participant and employee safety at all times
- Continue personal development & education
- Functional operation of the YMCA computer operating system & knowledge of program registration set-up as a back up to the corporate office
- Ensure and maintain the accuracy of all program records, files and computer databases
- Ensure the reconciliation of all written program records/rosters/registrations to Y software database
- Ensure the integrity of information on the Y database in order to control program participation & registration
- Prepare program and/or department session reports and rosters needed to verify program attendance and payment
- Open communication with all staff regarding program changes, additions or deletions as well as non-payment issues
- Ensure proper & timely billing to program participants with non-payment, incorrect payment or forward balances as well as facility rental and/or usage. Includes: Cabarrus County EC classes, NEMC water therapy & HS swim teams
- Specialize in membership & program SALES and exhibit professional YMCA role-modeling and relationship building
- Ensure proper data recording for Y program participants, special aquatic times, groups, open, lap, family, camp, EC, swim lessons, NEMC clients, etc.
- Participate in regular management shift responsibilities as MOD
- Prepare monthly reports to include: department summary reports, finance reports, forecasts, enrollment tracking, etc.
- Actively participate as a member of the Branch Board of Managers and affiliated committees as staff advisor
- Actively participate in all branch fund raising efforts, including annual support campaigns, United Way staff giving, etc.
- Dress and conduct self in a positive manner befitting the YMCA and its mission
- Accept additional responsibilities and perform other duties as assigned
Schedule: Full time, exempt position
Pay Range: $30,000-$36,000 annual salary
How to Apply: Email resumes or applications to Philip Belfield at email@example.com@cannonymca.org or deliver in person to the Kannapolis Y located at 101 YMCA Drive, Kannapolis, NC 28081. Please include a cover letter with a brief, relevant employment history and a statement describing your interest in this position. Please also include your professional resume, one personal and three professional references.
Contact: Philip Belfield, Branch Executive Director, 704.939.9622 x138