Water exercise classses are included in your membership fees and are offered at the West Cabarrus and Kannapolis branches.
These classes provide a great workout for all ages and fitness levels.
Benefits to water exercise include:
- Water buoyancy helps to protect recuperating knees, ankles and hips.
- Great for overweight individuals looking for exercise, but unable to walk far enough out of the water to effectively burn calories.
- Aquatic exercise reduces pain and increases flexibility.
- Water supports and massages the body as you exercise.
- All of the benefits of land exercise-without the sweat.
- Reduced blood pressure, stress and risk of injury.
- Often recommended following surgery to minimize postoperative swelling.
- Burn calories during and after exercise.