LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA
The Y and the LIVESTRONG® Foundation joined together to create LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, a physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their holistic health goals. The research-based program offers people affected by cancer a safe, supportive environment to participate in physical and social activities focused on strengthening the whole person. Participants work with Y staff trained in supportive cancer care to achieve their goals, such as: building muscle mass and strength, increasing flexibility, and endurance; and improving confidence and self-esteem. In addition to physical benefits, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA focuses on the emotional well-being of survivors and their families by providing a supportive community where people impacted by cancer can connect during treatment and beyond. By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA helps people move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body.
- February 5 - May 2 | Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00-2:30pm
- This program is provided at no cost to members and non-members.
Description and Goals
- Small group, supportive environment
- Full Membership, at no cost to the participant with unlimited access to facility and classes
- 12-week program with two 90-minute sessions per week
- Includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance, and flexibility exercises
- Facilitated by YMCA Certified Instructors
- Any adult 18 years old or older who is living with or beyond cancer treatment.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org