Welcome to the Cannon Memorial YMCA!
YMCA MISSION STATEMENT
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
YMCA CORE VALUES
The YMCA focuses on five core character value traits: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- All members are required to bring their membership card and have the card visible during their stay.
- Only YOU may use YOUR membership card.
- Replace and report lost/stolen cards immediately so access can be blocked to unauthorized users.
- Membership cards can be replaced for a fee of $5.
- Respect your YMCA facilities, staff and fellow members.
- Profane language, racial, ethnic or cultural slurs are not tolerated.
- Abide by all conduct codes, rules, policies and facility guidelines.
- Dress appropriately for the activity in which you are participating.
- No tobacco, alcohol, illegal substances or weapons, including concealed weapons allowed on YMCA property or during YMCA programs at any time.
- Children ages 9 and under may not be left unsupervised at the facility. They must be checked into the Y Playhouse/Childwatch or Teen Center unless they are actively involved in a YMCA program, and a parent must be on the premises.
- Members receive priority registration for most programs. Late fees may be applicable for late registration, so early registration is advised.
- The YMCA reserves the right to cancel classes or programs at any time due to scheduling conflicts or insufficient enrollment.
- A 20% sibling discount is given on some program fees when an additional participant from the same family is registering for the enrollment in the same program session in the same department. These additional discounts are not applicable for use with financial assistance.
- Program fees and non-refundable unless the YMCA cancels a class or program, then a refund or credit will be issued.
Pool rules and regulations are posted in the pool areas. Members should review these before visiting.
- For those patrons who are not yet potty trained, rubber pants MUST be worn. They may be worn on their own or in conjunction with a swim diaper.
- All patrons are requested to wear attire specifically marketed for swimming. Basketball shorts, other nylon shorts, sports bras, t-shirts, and other cotton apparel may not be worn without a swim suit.
- Please remember to respect others and wear swim suits that are appropriate for a family environment. Any t-shirts worn over a swim suit are to be light in color.
Dress code and fitness center guidelines are posted in fitness areas. Members should review these before visiting.
- Members receive a COMPLIMENTARY fitness orientation upon joining and can schedule this with fitness staff.
- Please respect others by observing a 30-minute time limit on cardio equipment when other members are waiting.
- Please wipe down each piece of equipment with sanitizing spray after using.
- Shorts must be at least fingertip length.
- Sports bras are not to be worn without a shirt covering them.
Members can be place a hold on their membership account for 3 months per calendar year. Members must provide a written request 30 prior to their next scheduled daft date.
Requests can be made in person at any of our three locations or via email to the following: for Kannapolis: email@example.com , for West Cabarrus: firstname.lastname@example.org and for Harrisburg: email@example.com.
CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Members must provide a written cancellation request 30 days prior to their next scheduled draft date.
Requests can be made in person at any of our three locations or via email to the following: for Kannapolis: firstname.lastname@example.org , for West Cabarrus: email@example.com and for Harrisburg: firstname.lastname@example.org.
YMCA AGE GUIDELINES
- Ages 10 and up or visiting with adult member
- Ages 10-12 may participate in classes with a parent/guardian. Parent/guardian must remain present and also participate in the class.
- Ages 13 and up are allowed to participate in standard classes.
- Ages 13-15 may participate in cycling classes with a parent/guardian.
- Ages 16 and up may participate without a parent/guardian.
- Ages 10-12 (at least 4'11" in height) may use cardio equipment upon completed orientation and parent must be no more than one machine away.
- Ages 13-15 may use cardio and strength equipment upon completed orientation and parent must be no more than one machine away.
- Ages 13-15 entire fitness center without a parent upon successful completion of teen fit.
- Age 16 and up all fitness equipment, orientation recommended.
- Ages 13 and over may swim without an adult
- Ages 12 and under with swim supervision
- West Cabarrus: 13 and over
- Kannapolis: 18 and over
STEAM AND SAUNA
- West Cabarrus: 15 and over
- Kannapolis: 18 and over
- Ages 6 weeks-9 years
- Belay: Ages 10 and over; Ages 8-9 with adult supervision. Both require a waiver completed and signed by parent.
- Ages 13 and over; Ages 10-12 with adult supervision.
*MEMBERSHIP POLICY: The YMCA reserves the right to terminate membership because of misconduct, inappropriate actions or failure to abide by rules and polices. Refunds for membership or programs will not be issued in cases of dismissal or termination. Registered sex offenders are not eligible for membership.