Every day at the Y, children learn to swim. From safety swimming basics to enhanced stroke development, we help beginners become experts. Our kids are learning safety, building confidence, developing healthy habits, and most importantly, having fun!
- Low student-instructor ratios allow for more individualized instruction.
- A wide selection of skill-based groups and class times are available to fit all of your needs.
- We serve children, starting at 6 months, and adults.
- At West Cabarrus, we are prepared to serve children and adults with varying cognitive and physical abilities.
2020 Swim Lessons Schedule
GROUP SWIM LESSONS
30 Minute Lessons
PARENT/CHILD (6-36 months)
- Water Discovery: 6-18 months
- Water Exploration: 19-36 months
PRESCHOOL (3-5 years)
- Water Acclimation, Movement, Stamina, and Stroke Introduction
40 Minute Lessons
SCHOOL AGE (6-12 years)
- Water Acclimation, Movement, Stamina, Stroke Introduction, Development, and Mechanics
TEEN/ADULT (13 years and up)
- Swim Basics and Swim Strokes
LATE REGISTRANTS: An additional $10 will be added to the session cost during the week prior to the start of the session, based on available space.
*NO LESSONS ON SPRING BREAK AND THE WEEK OF 4TH OF JULY
No classes the weeks of Apr 12-18 (Spring Break) and Jun 29-Jul 4 (July 4th)
SPRINT SESSIONS WILL BE MORNINGS, TIME & LEVELS TBD
60 Minute Lessons | 6-18 years
LEVEL 1: Must be able to swim 25 yds. of Freestyle and Backstroke
LEVEL 2: Must be able to swim 50 yds. for Freestyle , Backstroke, and Breaststroke
Meets Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday | 7-8pm
PRIVATE LESSONS (1-on-1)
Members $100 | Non-Member $150
SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS (2-on-1)
Members $120 | Non-Member $180
Private lessons are scheduled on Instructor and Parent availability. All Private lesson requests must go to the Front Desk. Online registration not available.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON AQUATIC PROGRAMS, CONTACT
West Cabarrus | Kristin Sminchak, Aquatics Director at 704.795.9622 x218 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kannapolis | Kendra Sanders, Aquatics Director at 704.939.9622 x119 or email@example.com
Moriah White, Swim Lessons Coordinator at 704.795.9622 x220 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Swim Starters (30 minutes)
Stage B: Water Exploration; ages 19mos-36mos
Swim Basics (30 minutes)
Stage 2: Water Movement; ages 3-5yrs and 5-12yrs
Stage 3: Water Stamina; ages 3-5yrs and 5-12 yrs
Swim Strokes (40 minutes)
Stage 5: Stroke Development; ages 5-12yrs
Stage 6: Stroke Mechanics; ages 5-12yrs